Our Women’s Fellowship group meets monthly through the year and always enjoy getting together! All the women of the church and their guests are invited to attend the meetings on the first Thursday of the month at noon. Each meeting includes devotions, lunch, a program and a brief business meeting. Our church women also do an annual Salad Luncheon, create dozens of delicious pies and Lefse from scratch to sell at our various fundraisers. In addition, there are three circle groups that also meet monthly for those interested.
Salad Luncheon & Bazaar
- On the second Thursday in July, the members of Women’s Fellowship hold their annual Salad Luncheon and Bazaar. Tickets are sold for the luncheon, which always features a salad buffet made up of salads prepared and served by the ladies of the church. In connection with the luncheon, the Bazaar gift shop sells handcrafted items made by Friendly Service. Also for sale are baked goods as well as items offered by the men of the church.
Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction
- In November, members of Women’s Fellowship traditionally prepare and serve a spaghetti dinner, one of their largest fund-raising endeavors. With this, a silent auction is held.
Our “Friendly Service" Quilters
- Each year our quilters create wonderful, original designs from colorful fabric either donated or purchased. The quilts themselves are then given away as a mission project to those in need here in Alexandria through agencies such as The Salvation Army, Some Place Safe or United Way. Last year over 40 quilts were created and donated to our neighbors in need.
Community Christmas Dinner
- Each year, the church opens its doors to the community for a festive Christmas dinner, served on Christmas Day. Its purpose is to provide a special occasion for those who are alone or have no family with whom to observe this most special Holiday. Members of the congregation help to prepare and serve the dinner and serve as hosts.
Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast
- Each Memorial Day our church members and friends whip together and serve a delicious pancake and sausage breakfast for the public to enjoy. The food and fellowship for all ages is wonderful!
The men of the church meet regularly for coffee or breakfast as announced through the church newsletter and the bulletin. All men of the congregation are invited and encouraged to come. There is no formal program, just a time of fellowship. From time to time, a men and women’s breakfast is scheduled.
Men may also participate, along with members of five other churches in Alexandria, Forada, and Villard, in a Men’s Darts league that is active during the fall and winter. The meetings alternate in location and meet on Mondays at 7:00 p.m.
Men's Dart Ball League
- Each year, beginning in the Fall and ending in February, our guys gather to practice throwing underhand darts. Monday night League games rotate between five churches and are a lot of fun. The challenge in Dart Baseball is to hit bases (1-3 and Home Base) on a paper baseball diamond hanging on a board 25 feet from the thrower. Sounds easy, not so much. But tons of fun for sure!
- In February, one church hosts an annual Dart Ball Tournament where all the teams gather to compete for the Dart Ball trophy. In 2016, our boys brought home first place!
Youth & Student Ministry
The young people of the church frequently carry out community service projects such as Trick or Treating for the Food Shelf or Christmas caroling for shut-ins by the Youth Choir.
Vacation Bible School
- The CE Board plans an Annual Vacation Bible School for Youth, Kindergarten - Jr. High, each summer. Activities include: games, art, camping, swimming, hands on mission projects and Bible study on a wide range of themes. Both Church youth and their friends are welcome to attend.